martes, 14 de diciembre de 2010

Natalie Portman always hopes to give an ''imperfect'' performance

Natalie Portman picture

Natalie Portman always hopes to give an ''imperfect'' performance because the characters she plays are not well-rounded individuals. http://nataliaportman.blogspot.com/


Natalie Portman hopes she gives "imperfect" performances.

The 29-year-old beauty thinks her job as an actress is not to be perfect but instead the opposite as the people she has to portray are rarely well-rounded.

She said: "I just wanna do the best I can. I'm demanding of myself. But perfection in acting is very different. It's imperfection you're looking for, because you're portraying people who are far from perfect."

Natalie also credits time at Harvard University studying psychology from 1999 to 2003 helped her get into character for upcoming Darren Aronfosky movie 'Black Swan'.

She said: "I think university taught me how hard I can work. You know, the first time you get your reading list for the week, and there's, like, a thousand pages to read in four days, your stomach drops.

"But then you see that you can do that amount of work, and take what you can take from it, and create your own things from these other materials.

"And that's really helpful when you're doing something like 'Black Swan', to have all these resources, and work that hard, and throw yourself into it that much. It gave me the confidence that I could do that."

No hay comentarios: